Please Note: Over the breeding season (March to July) we will no longer be able to offer tours. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Cuddle a Cub open days will commence around July / August depending on the age of the cubs. Gift Certificates can still be purchased valid for once tours are fully running again.
Private tours of the Dingo Discovery Sanctuary and Research Centre are available via appointment subject to volunteer availability.
Adults – $70 per person
Children 7 – 12 – $40 per person
Tours run for 1.5 hours at 11am. (Other tour times via arrangement)
Tickets can be pre-purchased online via our online shop!
Bookings can be made by calling: 03 5428 1245 or by contacting email@example.com
Children aged 7-12yrs MUST be accompanied by a full paying Adult. No child under 7 yrs may participate in encounters.
Please ensure you arrive promptly to your session to ensure you do not miss the important and necessary briefing/education session.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
Closed toe shoes and long pants must be worn. Please be advised that shorts should not be worn as the dingoes may jump and scratch you. If they are worn you will be required to sign a waiver.
Where does the money go?
Our sanctuary is run by a team of volunteers and all money raised goes to support the dingoes in our care, conservation and our education programs.
Why is the cost so high?
Short answer, it’s not! For the experience you are getting this is a very good price. Comparable experiences for the length of time you spend with the dingoes at our sanctuary don’t exist but for some zoos or sanctuaries you will pay upwards of $80 for entry and for a 15 minute encounter with one or two dingoes! Our tours go for 1 – 1.5 hours and you get to spend the majority of it with dingoes up close!
Can I get there by public transport?
There are no public transport options to the sanctuary unfortunately. The closest train stations are Diggers Rest or Sunbury station. Please contact us as we may be able to assist with transport options.
Dingo Encounter Tours Terms & Conditions
Important things you need to know
- Wear flat, enclosed shoes, and long pants
- Our encounters are an outdoor experience
- Please arrive within 10 minutes of the start time for your tour
Terms and conditions
- The Dingo Discovery Sanctuary and Research Centre may choose to cancel specific encounters due to inclement weather or animal welfare. Whenever possible, guests will be notified in advance and dates re-scheduled, or full payment will be refunded.
- Bookings must be paid for in advance.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn for all animal experiences.
- No food or drink can be taken into experiences.
- Due to unpredictable animal behaviour, experiences may vary.
- All participants must agree to follow the attendants’ instructions.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 12 years of age.
- Participants may be asked to leave the enclosure at any time during the encounters at the discretion of the animal attendants.
- Photos can only be used for personal purposes. Flashes must not be used when taking photos
- Prices subject to change.
In the event that you cancel your animal encounter the following cancellation applies:
- Bookings cancelled at least 7 days prior to event date will be given a full refund.
- Cancellations between 2 and 7 days prior to the event date incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled the day prior or the day of the tour date incur a 100% cancellation fee. In the event of non-attendance no refund will be given unless extenuating circumstances.